Volunteer With Us
We provide and support young people with the opportunity to participate in both 1-2-1 and group work settings to improve their quality of life, providing a holistic and youth centred approach to our activities. As well as soccer coaching we provide a range of services such as information, advice and links to Education & Training, Community Sports Leadership Awards and Coaching Courses, in partnership with local organisations Support Groups, Youth Mentoring and Personal Development Programmes (confidence building activities, planning etc…)
Whether you want to play better football, become a qualified coach, we have a number of volunteer opportunities at Acorn FC so why not come and have fun, discover what you are really good at gain valuable work experience and Learn New Skills!
- Management Committee Members (aged 18 plus)
- Admin Support Workers
- Youth Support Workers
- Other Volunteer Helpers & Supporters
- a) Volunteering for Acorn FC is a great way to give back to the community—and it’s fun, too. We are always looking for volunteers, coaches and assistant coaches, for organising preparing and facilitating coaching sessions we hold weekly
- b) Volunteers would be required to support and cover, in some instances may be requested to coach their own weekly sessions. Volunteers will be contracted to work 4 hours a week and will be fixed as much as possible, but subject to change as and when required
- c)Opened to all creating opportunities for flexible working
- d) Volunteers are supervised by a Volunteer Co-ordinator training days may vary consisting mainly of week day evenings and Sat or Sun match days
- e)We would welcome any day that coincides with the delivery of our services
- f)We have a Constitution/Risk Assessment/Health & Safety and Child Protection Policies in place
- g) Acorn FC aims to recruit people not just for jobs but for long term careers. We want good quality, talented people with the right attitude who will stay with us.
FOR THESE REASONS, WE LOOK FOR EVIDENCE OF THE FOLLOWING…..
- ‘CAN DO’ ATTITUDE > Positive outlook and willing to go that ‘extra mile’
- TEAM PLAYER >
Supports colleagues and promotes excellent team spirit
- COMPETENCE >
Can show that they have performed effectively and can learn new
- GOOD COMMUNICATOR > Listens and able to express themselves clearly
- COMMITMENT > Loyalty, keeping and meeting obligations, good community
- CUSTOMER FOCUS > Making a difference to the customer and service
- ENTHUSIASM > Shows energy, drive and encourages others
- FLEXIBILITY > Welcomes changes, can adapt and deal with various demands
- RELIABILITY > Good attendance record; delivers what they say they will
- TRUSTWORTHY > Honest, acts with integrity and takes responsibility
……ALONG WITH THE PARTICULAR SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS RELEVANT TO THE POSITION.
The role demands the following blend of knowledge, skills, experience and behaviour (all are essential, unless shown otherwise, and will be assessed by application and / or interview / assessment):