The Learning Exchange for VCS network of organisations offering extra-curricular activities to children aged 0-5 and young people between 14 and 19 find out more at: www.learning-exchange.org.uk
Street Games Sport Courses
Street Games are offering a number of subsidised sport courses. The courses will allow organisation’s employees and volunteers to gain the skills they want, help develop your sport organisation and create a sporting legacy for 2012
Street Games are delivering these training courses to develop the skills of sport providers in London. These courses are *FREE to you, all that is asked is that:
- You liveANDwork in London
- 20 hours of volunteering
Street Games would also like to hear from organisations that are able to offer a venue for any of the training courses.
These courses are being part subsidised (75%) by the National Skills Academy (based on a commitment to a minimum of 20 hours volunteering with Acorn FC) and Street Games will cover the remaining Sport training courses on offer are:
- Getting Started: Transforming the local sporting landscape
- Developing youth action in doorstep sport projects
- Developing mentoring skills
- Youth Leadership
- Securing small grants
- Running tournaments and central venue leagues
- Tennis Activator
- Athletics Activator
- Basketball Activator
- Level 1 FA Coaching
To register interest, complete the Street Games NSA Booking Formand send to Ben Hodge as soon as possible. Please highlight interest in all the courses you would like to participate. Once there is enough interest in a specific course you will be invited to book your place (there will be a minimum of three weeks notice).
Gain the skills you want, help develop your doorstep club and create a sporting legacy for 2012, register your interest now at http://db.tt/YQp9nY1
visit: www.streetgames.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acorn FC are members of The Federation for Community Development Learning (FCDL). A UK wide membership networking organisation that supports the development of communities through advancing and promoting good quality Community Development learning and practice at local, regional and national levels. http://www.fcdl.org.uk/
Emma Utomi Training Programmes
University Campus Meetings: “Living at Installed Capacity”
The meetings are primarily based on Personal Development. The primary goal is to equip students with skills that will be relevant for both their stay on campus and for life after graduation. This event should be once a year for the chosen campuses. Attendance for this program is free but there will be smaller specialised sessions that will be at a fee.
The Speakers Workshop
This program is exclusively designed for Public Speakers or those who wish to go into public speaking. What you have is a three step program that will graduate from the least level to the highest. Stage 1 is the TSW Critical. This is the starting point where the fundamentals of public speaking are taught. This program runs for 2 days.
The Speaker – Self Awareness
Understanding your learning and speaking style
Identifying and understanding your personality as a speaker
Sport and Health Unite for organisations and individuals pursuing coaching aspirations, keen to engage in network of sports. They provide workshops for coaches, organisations and schools on dealing with challenging behaviour, engaging parents as part of a team, nutrition and increased fitness performance to ALL players, and many more!
For more information and testimonials visit www.sportandhealthunite.com
Are you a female and aged between 14-25?
Do you live in Tower Hamlets?
Do you want to develop your personal & leadership skills?
The Bangladesh Football Association Girls Sports Sessions and Leadership Project
Are offering the following:
- Weekly drop in sessions every Monday 11-2pm
- 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance i.e. helping with job search, CV’s, application forms and interview techniques
- Workshop on motivation and goal setting
- Free gym sessions every Wednesday 11-2pm
- Health & Fitness Level 1 Course
- Community Sports Leaders Award Level 1 Course
- OCN Think Smart Leadership Course
What’s in it for you?
- Free day trip to watch a live premiership football match if you complete the whole course
- Achieve qualifications in Health and Fitness, Community Sports Leaders Award and Leadership Skills
- Become more healthy and active
- Be more confident, motivated and inspired to achieve your goal in life!
Free ten weeks sessions of various Sports activities (Basketball, Football & More) for 14 to 19 year old female only. Delivered by Qualified and dedicated female sports coaches with great incentive to improve health & fitness. Regular attendees have a chance to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification worth £150. Sessions commenced 25th January 2011 and every Tuesday thereafter at Halieybury Centre, Ben Johnson Road, London E1 3NN.
Volunteer With Us
We provide and support young people with the opportunity to participate in both 1-2-1 and group work settings to improve their quality of life, providing a holistic and youth centred approach to our activities. As well as soccer coaching we provide a range of services such as information, advice and links to Education & Training, Community Sports Leadership Awards and Coaching Courses, in partnership with local organisations Support Groups, Youth Mentoring and Personal Development Programmes (confidence building activities, planning etc…)
Whether you want to play better football, become a qualified coach, we have a number of volunteer opportunities at Acorn FC so why not come and have fun, discover what you are really good at gain valuable work experience and Learn New Skills!
- Management Committee Members (aged 18 plus)
- Admin Support Workers
- Youth Support Workers
- Other Volunteer Helpers & Supporters
- a) Volunteering for Acorn FC is a great way to give back to the community—and it’s fun, too. We are always looking for volunteers, coaches and assistant coaches, for organising preparing and facilitating coaching sessions we hold weekly
- b) Volunteers would be required to support and cover, in some instances may be requested to coach their own weekly sessions. Volunteers will be contracted to work 4 hours a week and will be fixed as much as possible, but subject to change as and when required
- c)Opened to all creating opportunities for flexible working
- d) Volunteers are supervised by a Volunteer Co-ordinator training days may vary consisting mainly of week day evenings and Sat or Sun match days
- e)We would welcome any day that coincides with the delivery of our services
- f)We have a Constitution/Risk Assessment/Health & Safety and Child Protection Policies in place
- g) Acorn FC aims to recruit people not just for jobs but for long term careers. We want good quality, talented people with the right attitude who will stay with us.
FOR THESE REASONS, WE LOOK FOR EVIDENCE OF THE FOLLOWING…..
- ‘CAN DO’ ATTITUDE > Positive outlook and willing to go that ‘extra mile’
- TEAM PLAYER > Supports colleagues and promotes excellent team spirit
- COMPETENCE > Can show that they have performed effectively and can learn new
- GOOD COMMUNICATOR > Listens and able to express themselves clearly
- COMMITMENT > Loyalty, keeping and meeting obligations, good community
- CUSTOMER FOCUS > Making a difference to the customer and service
- ENTHUSIASM > Shows energy, drive and encourages others
- FLEXIBILITY > Welcomes changes, can adapt and deal with various demands
- RELIABILITY > Good attendance record; delivers what they say they will
- TRUSTWORTHY > Honest, acts with integrity and takes responsibility
……ALONG WITH THE PARTICULAR SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS RELEVANT TO THE POSITION.
The role demands the following blend of knowledge, skills, experience and behaviour (all are essential, unless shown otherwise, and will be assessed by application and / or interview / assessment):